Parent and Citizens Association
President: Karl Wall
Vice President: Leanne Watt
Secretary: Sharon Wilson
Treasurer: Shane Moore
Whether you are able to help in a small or large way, every assistance is vital as a school becomes a community when parents are fully involved. The P&C of Helensvale State School endeavours to bring about a closer co-operation between the parents of the children attending the school, other citizens, the teachers at the school and the children themselves.
The role of the P&C Association is to assist the school in the provision of a range of activities that our children can participate in within the school, and to assist the school in the acquisition of resources and facilities for our children to utilise on a day to day basis. To be able to provide these investments in our children’s social and educational development, we rely heavily on fund raising. We sincerely ask for and appreciate your support.
The current members of the P&C invite you to come along to our meetings and see how our association and school function. It’s a great place to have your say, or to become informed. Meetings are usually held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in the Admin block, commencing at 7.00 pm. Meetings are also advertised on the Notice Board and in Homelines.
Partnerships – the P&C has formed partnerships with some local businesses for the mutual benefit of parents and gaining fund raising. Helensvale’s Athletes Foot store offers a $5.00 donation on all shoe purchases in the form of vouchers to be used by the P&C for prizes, just nominate Helensvale State School when you make a purchase. The Escape Store offers a discount and an equivalent amount donated to the P&C.
Ways you can help the P&C and school include:
- Volunteering to work at school open days, fete stalls, and on tuckshop days.
- Offer your professional expertise or knowledge to enhance the curriculum.
- Attend parent teacher nights and information meetings.
- Assist the class teacher in your child’s classroom.
- Nominate for working bees when your child’s class / year level is scheduled.
- Assist with student supervision on excursions.
- Be active in our P&C and attend monthly meetings.
- Contribute ideas via email, letters to Principal / P&C.